cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

End workflow action in UDA. Workflow is still under 'Running workflows' in view workflow history page

Jump to solution

Hi,

In a UDA I am using 'End workflow' action. I add the UDA to a workflow and run it.

The workflow is stopping at 'End workflow' but when I go to list item - View workflow history. I see that the workflow is still under 'Running workflow'. I tested it several times with the same result. Workflow stay under 'Running Workflow' section indefinetely.

When I preview the running workflow the UDA is highlighted in 'yellow' but the workflow did not end.

It is creating a confusion to the users when they view the workflow history and they see there are many workflows under 'Running workflow'.  Is this the way it's suppose to work? Is there a way to end a workflow from a UDA and getting that workflow off the 'Running workflow' section in workflow history?

Thanks

Ibrahim

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
mapeacock
Nintex Newbie

Re: End workflow action in UDA. Workflow is still under 'Running workflows' in view workflow history page

Jump to solution

Hi Ibrahim,

It sounds like the workflow is actually still running, based on what you have said - it's just that there is an issue being encountered inside the UDA. The fact that the UDA is highlighted in yellow, means that it is still the active action. You will need to review what is happening inside the UDA and ensure that the logic is applying correctly and not waiting for something else to happen to trigger the action to complete.

You also need to republish all the workflows that utilise an UDA after making any changes to the UDA. If you don't do this the workflows will still run under the context of the previous version of the UDA.

Cheers,

Mark

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: End workflow action in UDA. Workflow is still under 'Running workflows' in view workflow history page

Jump to solution

Thanks Mark for your reply.

I created a UDA with 1 action - 'End workflow' and I include the UDA in a workflow and publish the workflow and run the workflow for testing purposes. The result is mentioned in my original post. I can reproduce it.

I am running SharePoint 2010 with Nintex on it.

When I check the item list - 'Workflow' menu. I do not see the worklow under 'Running Workflows' section but it is visible under 'Running Workflows' in 'View Workflow History' page.

0 Kudos
mapeacock
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Ibrahim,

That does sound strange. I have had it the other way round - in that the Workflow history page shows the workflow as either completed or errored, but the Workflow menu option shows that it is still running. I believe that this is because the Workflows menu option is the native SharePoint interpretation whereas the Workflow History page is the Nintex interpretation.

I wonder if you do another test using the Call Web service action to end the workflow? See if that makes a difference.

You would need to call the NintexWorkflow service below:

_vti_bin/NintexWorkflow/Workflow.asmx

Pass it the listID (GUID), itemID and workflow instance id (GUID) as parameters.

This call should end the workflow.

See how you go with that.

Cheers,

Mark

Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Hi ,

Could you please select the appropriate response as the correct answer or if you have another resolution, please add the same to help the others on the community.