cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Enable or Disable a Sharepoint List Item's edition form based on Workflow Status

Jump to solution

On a sharepoint List that works with Nintex Workflow, would it be possible to to disable an item's edition based on the status of the workflow?

I've seen JavaScript codes that hide or even disable fields based on other fields value. So far, so good.

But when it comes to disablig a field or form edition based on the workflow status... would it be possible?

I'm not a programmer, but I can read and edit JScript and PHP codes just fine.

In detail:

I currently have a list with a nintex workflow in place. This workflow has several different approvals and I needed to disabled the item edition mode once the workflow has been approved by the first Approver, as it would mean the item is fine and therefore should not be edited. But if he rejects it, the item must remain enabled, so who ever sent it in can apply the corrections.

Labels: (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Enable or Disable a Sharepoint List Item's edition form based on Workflow Status

Jump to solution

I think you can do this in at least two ways.

• Use Form Rules - to show the fields as disabled when status = approved
  • Change permissions to the item using the workflow action Set Item Permissions. Set the contributing group to read only when approved or back to contribute when rejected(or don't change at all)
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: Enable or Disable a Sharepoint List Item's edition form based on Workflow Status

Jump to solution

Hi Andrew! Thank you ever so much for your reply to my question!

It was very prompt and it already helped me to clarify a lot of t. But, just to double check I got it right...:

The Form Rules you speak of -- would it be that Form Rules option on the Ribbon within the workflow edition page? Or a Form Rules for the Sharepoint item itself?

As for the Group Permission... is that the option within Action Configuration (accessed via the workflow fluxogram), for Items Permissions > then 'When workflow is complete, set user's permission to" ?

Many, many thanks!

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

If you are able to use Nintex Forms, rules will allow you to control the control behaviors easily with many possible conditions. Are you able to use Nintex Forms?

When changing the permission, once the item is approved in the workflow, (so in the approved branch of the task), have the action Set Item Permission there. Configure the action to change a SharePoint group's permission from contribute to Read. Use the picker dialog box to select or lookup the group or individual. If you need more information on how to setup the action, go to the workflow help guide here: Nintex Workflow Help Files / User Guide

But please respond with what questions remain and we would be glad to help

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks, Andrew!

All the information and the extra link were very helpful and useful for me on this issue.

Many thank,

0 Kudos