IIS and K2 Server in different location , Could not load file or assembly 'SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client'

• 5 October 2012
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Dear All,

I have Web Application that implement K2 workflow published on IIS Server.
And IIS Sever's Location is different from K2 BLackPearl Server.

When I try to call the web site, there's an error raise :

Could not load file or assembly 'SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=16a2c5aaaa1b130d' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Does any one know how to fix it?
Base on some source got from Google, I should install
"Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x64)" on IIS Server, I have done with this and still got error.

Thanks for your support,

Andree

4 replies

Badge +5

Hi Andree,

Have you copied the referenced assemblies to your web application's bin directory?

-mike

Badge +1

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your Answer, I haven't copy it yet.
To Solve this I just install K2Studio into my web server.
I knew this is not the best solution, but since I need to solve this ASAP. I just did it.

Anyway, if I get same error in the future for other server, I will try your suggestion.

Thanks,

Andree

Badge +5

This will also work since the install of K2Studio will gac the needed assemblies.  If you have a look on your server you will now see that c:windowsassembly contains SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client & SourceCode.HostClientAPI (among others) which are needed to to execute smartobject calls.

For future reference, or if you decide to uninstall K2Studio, they are also located on your K2 server under %program files%K2 blackpearlin. When you reference them from your web application you just want to make sure you also copy the assemblies to your web applications bin directory.

Badge +1

Ok thanks mike :)