cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

Email text formatting

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I am a novice with Nintex and SharePoint.  I have a simple notification work flow that runs anytime a request is updated.  The notification shows the user that submitted the request along with who the request is for.  I have these in a table along with information from the request.  The columns these user fields are tied are in a list and are lookups on our company directory.  When the fields are populated into email "I:0#.w|corp\" precedes the user id.  How can I remove this so that it does not appear in the email?

Thanks for any help!

Jennifer

Labels: (1)
8 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Email text formatting

Jump to solution

can you utilise initiator display name as is given in Common tab on workflow insert reference dialogue?

I normally use query user profile to get first and last name of users to display nicely in emails

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Try using the formula below in a Regular Expression action to return everything after the "\".  You can store the result in a workflow variable and use that variable in the notification.

^(.*[\\\/])

1. Drop a Regular Expression action in the workflow.
  2. Configure the Regular Expression action with the following settings:
    1. Pattern = ^(.*[\\\/])
    2. Operation = Replace text
    3. Replacement Text = Leave blank
    4. Input Text = User field
    5. Store Result In = Text workflow variable
  3. Note - You can test out the expression by using the "Run Now" option in the Ribbon of the Regular Expression configuration screen.
  4. Use the workflow variable in your email.
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

I would usually just use a "Set Variable" action, create a variable called something like "txtApproverName", point it at the field that has your user, then you'll notice either an fx or a "..." to the right of the field in your action; click this, you can select Display Name or User Name or Email or whatever.

Cheers!

Rhia

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Good point.  That would work too.

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

It took me over a year of using Nintex to discover that functionality from the Set Variable action.............

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

And me! Well hidden. Though our display name is surname first name so I have to use query user profile to get it the way I like it haha 

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Thank you all for the great suggestions!  I will give these a try when things die down a bit at work.  Thanks again!

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

This worked!  Thanks for the help!