cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Email reminders based on a date in a list.

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I have a SharePoint list with a 'due date' field and a 'submitted date' field in it.  We use this to track report submissions to various customers.  I would like to set up a site workflow that sends a reminder email if the 'due date' equals today and the 'submitted date' field is still blank. 

My current attempt at this workflow queries the list to see what items have a blank value in the 'date submitted' field.  Then a Run if  function to see if the date due is equal to today.  If it meets that criteria send an email notification. 

It seems like this should be simple but it isn't working.  I saw a few similar questions that never seemed to get resolved.  Any ideas or suggestions?  Thanks in advance!!!

2016-05-05_11-17-22.png

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Email reminders based on a date in a list.

Jump to solution

Hi Keith,

In the runif action, do you use the Equals (ignore time) option?  This is the last options in the list when you select a operator.

So instead of Today Equals Due Date, it should be Today equals(ignoring time) Due date.  Then the run if check should pass for dates that are on the same day.

Let me know if you need more information

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

All of the due items from the query result goes to one person:

A good option would be a Site Workflow, in which you query the list, add the columns into Collections (Item ID, Title, Due Date, Created by etc.). You can add the Collection from references into the mail's body. Result: One big email.

Each row to different person:

Foreach through one of the Collection (eg. List ID) and send invidual letters the respective people (eg. from Created By column). You can send an email per Item.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks!  Taking a look at that this morning. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks!! I'm trying to set it up so it's the second option.  I'll double check what I'm doing to what you mention. 

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Steps:

1. Query a list column which contains users, put them to a collection (filter for all the due items)
  2. Use Collection operation: remove duplicates, so that you get all the unique names/users
  3. Foreach through the collection 1by1 each user
  4. Inside the foreach, query the list, filter for due items where the actual user is the responsibale for the item (you get 1..X items)
  5. Use multiple collections for each necessary column
  6. Foreach through the items, use string builder to format the output. Use foreach's index to reach all items per row (collection operations, get element by index)
  7. After the foreach, you built your string, you can send it in an email.
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Sorry for missing this but if you want to check the values on a daily basis to see whether or not it is due and then send out an email, this workflow will have to be a site workflow that is scheduled to run daily, maybe early in the morning.

You can follow steps as mentioned by Szabó Róbert​ by querying the list to get all to open report submissions.  And then start a for each loop to process each one.  Inside the for each loop I will add the Run if action to check for the date = today and then send notifications if this is true within the Run if loop. 

The submitted date = blank is not straight forward.  I got around this in the past by making the submitted date default to 01/01/1900 and then testing for a date bigger than 10/01/1900

Let me know if you need more clarification on anything.

Francois

Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Keep us posted on your progress, Keith Matthews​!

Thanks!

Frank

Your community manager

Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks!  I actually have a calculated field that looks for the "due" and gives a status.  If it's blank we see 'not submitted' if there is a date it compares it to the due date and displays 'late' or 'on time'.  I'm using that field for the to see if it's open needs a reminder. 

Pulled into another project today but I'm hoping to get back to it tomorrow morning to wrap it up.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Will do!  Pulled into another project today but I'm hoping to get back to it tomorrow morning to wrap it up.