ERROR: "Form was created with a new version of the form"

• 27 March 2005
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

I have a K2SmartForm that starts the workflow.
It ties to an InfoPath process in the back end.
All worked fine until I changed my InfoPath form.
Now when I fill out the SmartForm and then go to the user's WorkList, the item appears.
When I try to open it, I get the following error:

"The form was created with a new version of the form template. InfoPath cannot find the new version. Do you want to open with the older version?"

Of course, that fails to work altogether.

I'm guessing its an InfoPath problem.

Has anyone ever seen this?

Thanks
C

2 replies

Badge +5
did you initiate the changes from K2 designer by using the "actions" dropdown in the process properties?

OR if you did not, did you update the form in sharepoint and updated the K2 process with new infopath form ?
Badge +4
I haven't used SmartForms with an Infopath process before, but I have run into the error you are seeing.

K2 stores a copy of the XML schema within the process and uses this to generate the XML for client events. Whenever the XML schema is updated in Infopath, you need to do a "Refresh Document" in K2 Studio so the process knows about the changed XML schema. You will need to re-export the process to the K2 server afterwards.

If that doesn't do it, I would try to clear the Infopath cache. Infopath caches the form template (.xsn) and doesn't always update the cached copy when changes to the master template are made. A user can clear the cache by launching Infopath and click "Remove this form" from the right hand side of the dialog that appears when you first open Infopath.