cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Email Notification for Duplicate Items

Jump to solution

I'm trying to send an email notification if one of the columns in the form is a duplicate. EX: Invoice # is 1111 if someone else enters 1111, they will get notified that it was already entered. I wanted to utilize the Out of the Box "Enforce Unique Values" which works great. However, when using a Nintex Form, the default text that doesn't allow you to enter a duplicate item, isn't there. The Nintex form simply saves, but loses all the data and doesn't notify you. Any thoughts/fixes?

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Email Notification for Duplicate Items

Jump to solution

this might be a bit of a work around. But off the top of my head you could have a validation rule on your field that uses the lookup() runtime function. So on submit the validation would fail if the item had a duplicate value already in the list..

create a form variable and put the lookup('list','invoice','invoice number','{named control}')

then in the validation rule something like equals(variable, invoice number field)

please excuse types or mistyped syntax, doing this on my mobile

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll look into this.

While I'm at it, does anyone know if this is a bug that Nintex Forms doesn't validate enforcing unique values? I was surprised to see this still wasn't fixed in the updated version.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Stacie

Please let us know how you get on with Dan's suggestion.

In the meantime, can I suggest you make use of the following resource to record feature request and enhancements:

Customer Feedback for Nintex

In fact, there is something posted on there that sounds similar to what you are discussion, in which case can I suggest that you register on the site and vote for this item?

people picker field - unique values – Customer Feedback for Nintex

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks.  I am probably holding off trying the suggestion. They were on a tight time frame and would take me some time to think through that set up. If I get additional time to play, I will see if I can get it to work to have it ready for other requests.

Thank you for the customer feedback link and the similar item. I have voted for it!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

This worked for me! Thanks Dan!

0 Kudos