Populating Nintex forms with existing data

• 9 November 2015
  • 5 replies

Badge +6

Hi Guys

I need your help with my Nintex Forms. I have a list in SharePoint that I want to use Nintex forms for. One thing I am struggling with is that I want to query existing data and populate my form with previous data and this was very easy in InfoPath but I am struggling in Nintex forms. Is it possible to set data based on a connection and how do you create connections in Nintex Forms?

Your help will be appreciated.

Regards

Bhuti

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

unfortunately there isn't any Set Field Value rule in Nintex Forms, the only thing you can do is connect the field in the form to a WF Variable or to a current item field..

Otherwise (I don't know if this may be your case) you can have all this logics done in a workflow and it will update the list item form (you will find it in the FormData property)

Giacomo

Badge +6

Thank you for response Giacomo. There are some things that I need them to be populated on the client side based on some selection. It's a pity it's not available in Nintex Forms. This is my most used feature in InfoPath.

What I don't like about doing it in the workflow is that, it is basically an after effect. I will focus on that then.

Regards

Bhuti

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

There is the ability to query list data using List Lookups.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

And also calculated fields.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

And if you have Enterprise forms - Web Request and Data Access controls (db).      Just for good measure, you could do custom js as well.

-Sorry for so many replies, but the list of ever growing possibilities...