SQL request control, server name and DB name, to be dynamic

• 24 April 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

In SQL request control, Server name and Datbase name as seen below,

how to make them based on Reference Sharpoint list values, in order to avoid manuall edit when moving them from development to production SharePoint server.

ie, how to let server name be a dynamic constant variable?

202119_pastedImage_1.png

5 replies

Badge +4

Any News 

Badge +5

My suggestion is, you can create a Workflow Constant of String type to store the server name and database.

Make sure Sensitive is untick.

You can limit this Workflow Constant to only be able to be used by certain user.

Only these certain user can then see this Workflow Constant inside Insert Reference in Server and Database field in SQL Request Control.

Badge +3
Did you ever find a solution for this?
Userlevel 6
Badge +22

@Nintex_Man are you able to advise provide more information about the solution you are trying to acheive?

Badge +3
I just submitted a new post (link below). We have a Development environment and a Production environment for SharePoint/Nintex and a Database. The Nintex forms use the SQL Request and I'm trying to find a way to have a database alias or some way to have dynamic data in the database server field so we do not have to edit the Nintex code when importing it to Production.

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-for-SharePoint/How-to-use-a-Development-and-Production-Database-with-a-SQL/td-p/105650