Is it possible to disable the comments field in Request Review?

Badge +7

hello!

I know its possible with flexi task..

And I think its not possible with the Request Review action but I thought I can ask.

In my workflows the comments are not saved anyways that's why I think it would be less confusing to not have the comment field at the first place.

Thanks!

(Nintex 2013)

10 replies

Badge +6

Hey,

I think without Nintex Forms or Info Path this is not possible, as one of the ideas of the "Request review" action is to collect feedback. Maybe there's another action that fits to your needs?

Best regards,

Jan

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi

What you can do is go to the "Edit Task Form" button (within your Request Review action), and select "Edit with Nintex Forms". From here, since Comments aren't required, you can modify this form that they're taken to when they click the context task. 

I think you could also (and this is off the top of of my head, not researched so not sure...) create a task content type without Comment in it, and use that as your Task Content Type. Then Comment shouldn't display. 

However, as ‌ mentioned, maybe this isn't the Action for your needs! What about just "Assign to-do Task" -- "Review this" is definitely a to-do task!

Just a thought. Good luck!

Rhia

Badge +7

Hello ‌ and ‌,

I thing I don't have Nintex Forms..
And I've never used Assing to-do task before. I just read something about it and am I right that this workflow action is sending someone a task form and this person is assigning a task to someone else in a second step? Means I am not directly assigning a task. That wouldn't help me I guess.
And the flexi task always needs 2 options and not just 'accept' or 'task completed' etc. right?

I think then that the request review action is the only possible option for me. Or am I understanding the assing todo task in a wrong way? Thanks anyways!!

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

as mentioned above by Rhia, there is edit task form button on flexi task configuration dialog.

it should allow you to edit task form even if you do not use nintex forms

am I right that this workflow action is sending someone a task form and this person is assigning a task to someone else in a second step

no, it will assign a To-Do task directly to the first person - assignee.

no forwarding needs to be done.

And the flexi task always needs 2 options and not just 'accept' or 'task completed' etc. right?

no, there is a 'Do not create branches' advanced option at the very bottom of flexi task configuration dialog. if you tick it on, you can have just single outcome.

Badge +7

Hi ‌,

thanks for your answer.

I tried using the todo task again. My problems: 1. I got no mail (ok, maybe I can change that easily but) 2. If I open the task there is just one button 'Close'. I need to press 'Edit item' to get to the actual form. This is very inconvenient in my opinion. Is there a workaround?

I didn't know that there is the option to suppress the branches in flexi task. My problem with that is that the task is very confusing because the OK button is at the very bottom. Is there a way to not show the item properities? This would make it clearer I guess.

sorry for so many questions haha! I would love to find a good solution for this problem because I use it so often!

Oh and to this:

Marian Hatala schrieb:

as mentioned above by Rhia, there is edit task form button on flexi task configuration dialog.

it should allow you to edit task form even if you do not use nintex form.

I can use InfoPath, but I don't like it because:

I used InfoPath before and then I tried changing it back to default but it didn't work. No reviews with a default form were possible o the whole site anymore! I posed this topic here as well but found no solution! That's why I am afraid of using InfoPath again. :/

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I tried using the todo task again.

you should be able to place {Common:ApprovalURL} reference to mail notification. that link will navigate you to the task form directly in edit mode to confirm there the task is completed or not. so try to investigate why you do not get mails

the task is very confusing because the OK button is at the very bottom

is it default task form or custom one?

default task form should look like there is outcome selector, comments text box and right after that ok/cancel buttons. so you should spot them immediately.

if it is custom task form you can design buttons wherever you want...

afaik, it not possible to remove item properties from default from. but again, from custom task form you can remove them if don't like them.

I can use InfoPath, but I don't like it because:

no problem, I understood you have to use InfoPath.

if you can design task form with nintex forms it's even better.

Badge +7

Hello ‌.

Thanks for your answer.

1) yes I use the default form, but if you select 'do not create branches' then the button is underneath the item information.
And there is no button to press (there is no choice) but I still would like a button with the name eg Done! and the OK button underneath. So nothing changes except I have one radio button instead of two. But I think this is not possible.

2) the problem is that I sometimes want to create a task without sending a mail so people are just reminded once a week to look at their open tasks. So I think the assign to do task is not the right thing for me.

3) I would love to edit my forms by custom. But I am afraid to use InfoPath again and I don't have Nintex Forms. Additionally the formatting of my task description does not really work. The way it looks in Nintex and later ín the task has nothing to do with eachother sometimes. Maybe I should just use InfoPath and hope nothing happens this time.. :/

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

the button is underneath the item information.

hm, I still can see button right after comment box

And there is no button to press

I use to work it around by placing a disabled radio button with single option which is by default selected. it mimics preselected the only outcome.

but that needs customization

the problem is that I sometimes want to create a task without sending a mail so people are just reminded once a week to look at their open tasks. So I think the assign to do task is not the right thing for me.

it's possible to configure todo action not to send notifications...

Badge +7

hm, I still can see button right after comment box

If you select flexi task, create no branches, no comments, the button is still above your item information? If yes, maybe youre on a different version etc.

it's possible to configure todo action not to send notifications...

yes I know but if you open the task manually you have to press 'edit task' first which is not very intuitive (at least not for others who don't know sharepoint that well)

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I'm on NWF2013 as well.

not sure what might be going on at your env, do you have any customization/branding applied  to default task form in your env?

where do you open the task form from then?

directly from task list view? - then you could teach your users not to click directly on task but rather select a row and click 'Edit' from ribbon or right-click menu.