Solved

Edit or delete a delegation created by the Administrator

• 2 April 2018
  • 7 replies

Badge +4

Hello all.

While the Administrator can be allowed to set delegation for another user, strangely he is not allowed to change or delete it. Or at least I can't find how this is done.

Thanks,

Dimiter

icon

Best answer by emha 20 April 2018, 15:53

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

do you mean single task delegation or long term delegation?

doe this help?

Badge +4

Hi. Sorry I wasn't more specific. Indeed I meant long term delegation. It works fine in all cases but my issue concerns the scenario where an Administrator sets delegation for another user. Once set, it cannot be edited or deleted by the admin. Only the user cando that, but usually that person is away . The user sees the name of the delegee as a link, and clicking on it he can edit/delete the delegation. The admin sees the name as plain text.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

have you checked you have allowed the option  "Allow Site administrators to set long term delegation for other users" mentioned in linked document?

Badge +4

It is allowed, yes. Otherwise the administrator would not be able to even create the delegation, and they can.

It's just the obvious omission of edit/delete by an administrator that bothers me.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

maybe this one helps

Badge +4

Trickier than anticipated but does the job

Thanks Marian!

Badge +2

I am trying to get to the solution for this as posted in here - but the link does nt work to the solution?

Can you please provide.

Thank you

Barb