cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Edit Task Form , add a hyperlink target="_blank" doesn't work

Hi,

I have added a link to my Edit Form Task and would like the link to be open in new window. I added target="_blank" and nw="true" to the Edit source, but as soon as I save and exit out from Lable Setting whatever I added gets disappeared and the link won't open in new window

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
19 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Edit Task Form , add a hyperlink target="_blank" doesn't work

Hi Nafiseh, I've spoken to our product teams, and unfortunately the reason you're having problems is due to a bug. It's been logged, and I'll keep you updated on the progress of this.

Thanks

Em

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Great, Thanks .Please let me know as soon as it is fixed.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Any update on this? Often we have supporting documents for people to reference when filling out a form. We need to be able to allow them to follow those links without being navigated away from the form.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Just discovered you can now manually add a link and it sticks (at least as of Forms on-prem 2013 ver 2.4.0.0). I don't believe that was working in a prior revision. So just go into Edit Source mode and add a regular HTML link tag:

<a href="www.mydomain.com/link.htm" target="_blank">My link text here</a>

Would be great to have the Nintex interface provide the option to set the Open in New Window option like standard SharePoint rich text editor does. Also, the Nintex Insert Link option doesn't keep the text you've highlighted prior to selecting to insert a link. Means retyping the link text a second time if you've already typed it out in the body of your content.

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi Emily,

I don't suppose there's been any update on this?

Cheers,

Alex.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Thanks Steven N, this is a fantastic workaround and it works like a charm!

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Opening a link in a new window can also be done by adding a button (action: JavaScript, typ: Link) in the advanced section you enter window.open("the link") by on-click.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Thanks michelle, i just implemented javascript link for open new, which is working fine.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I'm still experiencing this problem! I've been updating every hyperlink on my form by adding target="_blank" to the link tag (that were created by using 'Insert a hyperlink') only to find out these alterations weren't actually being saved.

Good solution, adding the complete link tag! I deleted all tags, entered complete new ones and this time target="_blank" didn't disappear upon saving the form.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply