Sizing Challenges with Images in Responsive Forms

• 29 August 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

I am using Nintex Forms 2013 (v 2.11.2.2). I have noticed that when I add an image to a responsive form, I don't have any control over the size. For example, I started with an image that was 635x638. While it was large on the form, it wasn't as large as its actual size. So I set the height and width in the control settings to be 50% of the actual size. It showed correctly in the designer. When I previewed the form, the image was the same size, just cut off at the top and bottom.

So I resized my image in an editor and saved it with a new name. When I used the smaller image, it displayed correctly in the designer, but when I previewed the form, the image was the same size as the previous image. Adjusting the height and width in the control settings gave the same results as before, where the top and bottom of the image were cut off. I've even tried setting the size in pixels rather than a percentage. Same results.

Is there any way to get the responsive form to display the image at its actual size, or to have the height and width values actually resize the image instead of cropping it?

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Stacey.  I'm seeing some of the same issues with images on responsive forms.  Have you found a resolution?

Badge

Has anyone found a solution to this issue?  Nintex Support??

Badge +2

Hi Eric, sorry for the late reply. No, I haven't found a resolution. I keep hoping Nintex will come up with a new release that fixes the problem.

Badge +1

I'm having the same issue.  I have resized the image and re-uploaded it, but it doesn't appear to have any effect on the look of the image on the form.  Any help would be great.

Badge +1

We had the same problem, and found two approaches:

- Having images with an original width of 930px, placed in a full-width image control, works quite well

- Placing images inside Label controls gives more predictable results for different sizes of images

Badge +2
didosa, thanks so much for this. Using the Label control works great.