Process involving 2 different companies' users

• 4 September 2005
  • 2 replies

Badge +7
Hi everybody,

Could you please advise me how to build the solution where people outside of the company network can participate in the process. Is it possible?
The task seems simple enough except the matter with access from outside: a person from local Active directory initiates a process uploading a document to the SharePoint library. The process then have several stages of approval by AD users also but finally the documents should be directed to the consultans which are not included in company' AD because they are from a partner company. Can they have a notification to access a SharePoint site for reviewing documents and how can they operate there, what is the possible solution(s). How K2 can authorize them? Is it possible for them to participate in K2 process?

The process route then is simple also - after the consultants review the documents they fill the comments fields and send the results to the manager of the organization to take the final approve.

I'll be grateful for any thoughts and help. Thank you!

2 replies

Badge
Has anyone replied to your query? If so what was the result. I am pretty sure this can be accomplished but not sure exact implementation.
Badge +9
Hi,

K2.net 2003 by default makes use of Active Directory. To allow NON AD users to participate in workflow processes can be done with a bit of development. I know of implementations that uses the following scenario:

A possible solution: Client pages used by Non AD users is hard coded with a specific AD Account, all work is assigned to that user, to get the correct users to action the task we send a mail containing the link of the Worklist item, users do not make use of the Worklist, all task are delivered and opened by means of email notifications.

For SharePoint: This is going to be a problem, SPS makes use of AD, if a user does not have a valid AD account he will not be able to login to SPS let alone work with any docs in SPS. I know of no solution around this and can unfortunately not give you any additional advice.