cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Dynamically Create href tag in workflow

Jump to solution

I am creating an href tag in a Nintex workflow. In it, I need to display the display name. I don't want the messy url to display. It looks correct. Once I put this in a string variable in Nintex, I set a hyperlink column in SharePoint with this value. However, the entire string is displayed including the href syntax. I used the BuildString action which looks like this:

<a href="{Common:weburl}/Pages/Article.aspx?ID={ItemProperty:ID}">{ItemProperty:Title}</a>

Now if I simply made this a link without the href and display name, the entire string would display and I would be able to click on it and it would take me where I want to go. But the way it is above, it does not work and does not display properly. Is there any other way I can populate the Display property of the link field in SharePoint dynamically in the workflow?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
janeyres
Nintex Newbie

Re: Dynamically Create href tag in workflow

Jump to solution

Hi,

If you configure it like this URL, Description it works.

Jan

burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

That doesn't appear to work. It still displays everything and the link doesn't work.

0 Kudos
janeyres
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi,

You do need a space in the URL, Description bit between the comma and the description text.

Then I used a Set field value action. mylinkhref is a single line of text variable, MyLink is a Hyperlink or Picture column formatted as Hyperlink.

And got this...

Jan

burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Whoooo hooooo!!!!!  I'm jumping up and down!!!! It works. It was needing the space between the comma and the display name as you said. I wouldn't have figured that out. Man, its picky!!!