Users Unable to Submit Form AND How to Hide a Field

• 21 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello!  

Let me preface this by saying I am in no way a developer, but have used these forums thus far with great success in building my team's SharePoint site.  We are working on SharePoint 2013. 

So, I have my site built, and have a Nintex form completed.  I have two issues I'm struggling to resolve.

First, users are able to access the form, but when submitting the form, they are receiving "Access denied.  You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource".  I have checked the permissions for the groups.  Visitors are set to contribute and members are set to edit.  What else would be keeping someone from submitting the form?

My second issue is how to hide a field.  This form is being used as a work intake form.  The user completes the form and a notification is sent to my team.  We have a field on the form for our team to use to identify what submissions have been keyed into JIRA by our team.  We want our team to be able to see and select "yes" or "no" for this field, but do not want any other users to be able to see the field on the form.  Is this possible, or no?

I appreciate the help in advance!!!

2 replies

Badge +1
I use InfoPath forms. There is a configuration where.. if the form is looking up individuals from any SharePoint group, that group must be set to 'Who can view the membership of the group' --> Everyone.
Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi,

For the access issue see if this thread helps.

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-for-SharePoint/Permissions-to-submit-new-item-form/m-p/65014

For the Yes/No control I suggest opening the controls configuration, expand the Appearance section and set Visible to Expression.  Then add your expression : fn-IsMemberOfGroup(YourTeamsGroup)