cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dropdowns not populating after record created by XML Workflow

I have a form that creates separate records (one for each date selected) by using XML, storing in collection, then creating individual record for each.  After the record is created I can see everything just fine in the SharePoint list, but when viewing or modifying in the form two fields are not getting populated with their values.  These fields are dropdowns.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Tags (1)
4 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Dropdowns not populating after record created by XML Workflow

Are your dropdowns List Lookup controls or Choice fields?  Can you post some screen shots as well?  Thanks!

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi,

First of all as i understand right you parsed XML and added that data to collection variable. So now would be smart to output that data which you parsed. In the loop add action which logs info in workflow history.

One of the reasons why you are not getting the dropdown values your parameters wrong type, or you are recieving from XML action inner XML but not text to variable.

The fast is your data doesnt match dropdown data and dropdowns doesnt show anything because they dont have value like you are trying to return.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi,

I suppose you're working with an InfoPath form, are the dropdown field connected to an external source? Or do they have a fixed list of option?

If they're connected to an external source, have you tried your form without modifying it by the workflow? are the dropdown working correctly?

in both case, is the value you're trying to set the same value that's used in the definition of the dropdown (you could have a value different from the display name of the option)?

Giacomo

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi ‌, have you solved your - long time ago - issue?

Could you explain us what was the issue (and mark it as correct answer)?

Thanks a lot, it could help other users that may have a similar issue

Giacomo 

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply