IPC error: 28025 Failed to Start IPC

• 13 August 2008
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I've got a problem when trying to make a process call another, using IPC event. Sometimes it succeeds, sometimes not, with the error message "1 28025 Failed to Start IPC". I can't see how fix this problem.

In my current current case, the first workflow is triggered by a sharepoint event (using sharepoint workflow integration). One started, it [tries to] start the second one, without any success.

It's quite strange as I previously managed to get some IPC calls work without any particular trick...

Has someone previously experienced this error ?

Thanks for help.

4 replies

Badge +9

Hello,

Some clarification is required here - is this error the error that you see in the process monitor or in the K2 server console window?  There would hopefully be more details on this error in one or the other location.  Please check the process monitor or trigger the error with the K2 server running in console mode and see if it provides any more details.

Badge +1

First of all, thanks for help.

In the meantime, I find how to solve my problem. Actually, it was "just" another permission related issue. By setting proper rights to k2 service account, everything started to work fine:).

(for information, I saw error string in K2 process management window of Visual Studio).

Badge +9

Hi Johndoe,

I realise that this was posted a while back, but I am getting the same error.

Can you elaborate on what the "Proper" rights are for the K2 service account that you had to set?

Thanks in advance...

Badge +9

I have worked this out.

There was a parameter being passed to a child process, and the data types didn't match - trying to pass a string into a boolean....duhhhhhhh