Issue with Tutorial 1 - Configure SharePoint Service

• 26 September 2007
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I'm on Step 3: Configure SharePoint Service, and what I'm seeing in Step 9: does not match up to the tutuorial. There is no "SharePointSiteURL" value or "System Name" field.

Unless I'm in the wrong place... has anyone seen this?

Thanks,
Mindy

4 replies

Badge +3

We're working on a documentation refresh for the tutorials and additional documentation, which should be coming out soon. In the meantime, try the following. Note that the URL may change based on your environment, and should be the URL to your SharePoint portal:

1.     Open K2 Workspace (Start > All Programs > K2 [blackpearl] > K2 [blackpearl] Workspace)

2.     Click on Management > Management Console from the top menu bar

3.     Click on the plus sign next to the server name (BLACKPEARL:5555)

4.     Click on the plus sign next to SmartObjects

5.     Click on the plus sign next to Services

6.     Click on SharePoint Service

7.     Click Add

NOTE: The Service Instance Configuration dialog opens

8.     In the SharePointSiteURL field, type in http://moss.denallix.com

9.     Click Next

NOTE: The System Name and Display Name should be already populated based on your portal’s name

10.  Click Save

Badge +1

Hi Codik,

The problem is that I have done exactly that, but this is the screen that I get says the following (sorry, no way to upload the image):

Service Instance Configuration

GUID should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxx.....)

Security Provider:

User Name:

Password:

Extra:

Impersonate: 

Thanks, Mindy

Badge +1

So I think I know what the issue is. I thought it would be worth a shot to re-Update K2 SmartObject Service Definition from the top level of my site collection. When I tried the tutorial again, there was still no service, so I looked at the K2 console and lo and behold there was an error:

Debug   1035 Session Marshal 84714A0E6BD722FF4C871BDC1FA9CBF5.SourceCode.SmartOb
jects.Runtime.SmartObjectManagementServer.LoadServiceInstanceConfig
Info    10530 Executing Method: 'LoadServiceInstanceConfig( C:Program FilesK2
BlackPearlServiceBrokerSourceCode.SmartObjects.Services.SharePoint.dll )' ...
Error   2025 Error Marshalling SourceCode.SmartObjects.Runtime.SmartObjectManage
mentServer.LoadServiceInstanceConfig, Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C
:Program FilesK2 BlackPearlServiceBrokerSourceCode.SmartObjects.Services.Sha
rePoint.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specifi
ed.
Error   2025 Error Marshalling SourceCode.SmartObjects.Runtime.SmartObjectManage
mentServer.LoadServiceInstanceConfig, Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C
:Program FilesK2 BlackPearlServiceBrokerSourceCode.SmartObjects.Services.Sha
rePoint.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specifi
ed.
Error   8060 ProcessPacket Error, Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:Pr
ogram FilesK2 BlackPearlServiceBrokerSourceCode.SmartObjects.Services.SharePo
int.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I installed K2 to the E: drive, not C:. Could this be the problem? Does it have to be installed on C:?

Mindy

Badge +1

It seems there was something very wrong with my BlackPearl installation. 

This issue was resolved by completely uninstalling, deleted the databases, uninstalling and reinstalling MSMQ (because of another error) and reinstalling BlackPearl.

Mindy