Workflow Flexi Task issue when customizing forms that contain repeating sections

Badge +3

I have a flexi task approval and am using the customize the form.  How do I show the repeating section information as it is displayed on the original form request?

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Cheryl,

Check this out: Seeding a Repeating Section

-Mike

Badge +3

Mike,

Does this work when the repeating section is at the new item level and needs to progress onto the flexi task for approval?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Very similar concepts if not the same.  I've done from item to task form before, and from task form to task form.  Let me know if you run into any trouble in your test to see if any additional steps are required.

-Thanks,

Mike

Badge +3

Something isn't working correctly.  My repeating section is in the item form.  But it doesn't come through to the flexi task form.  I must be doing something wrong.

Badge +9

Hi Cheryl

You have to use the same names for the controls in New item controls and in flexi task controls!

Kind regards

Manfred

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Exactly right.  Any control that matches the name of a control in your original repeating section should be filled with the data.

Badge +3

I was impatient this morning.  I took the form from the new item and exported it.  Saved it.  Then I went to the flexi task and when customizing the task form I imported my new item form.  Added the decision controls and the save/submit button and I was set!  Whew...so in short I was able to get all I needed.  Thank you for explaining how the seeding works.  I did have to change the appearance controls so that the items could not be changed.  But saved me a ton of time.   57531_pastedImage_0.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

No problem, it is a definitely a really cool feature that I find myself using quite often too! Glad it is all working happy.png