cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Does Nintex has ability to create XML file from SharePoint List item and dump it on Document library ?

Hi,

I have a requirement to create a Nintex form for a List and on saving the form, an XML file has to be generate and dump it on Document library ?

Is it achievable with Nintex from and workflow ?

Mahi

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Does Nintex has ability to create XML file from SharePoint List item and dump it on Document library ?

Hi Mahesh Sinha‌ - 

It may work to put the NFFormData into a variable, and then put that into a Word doc template, and save it as a .xml file. Word has its own special XML saving functionality, apparently, so that might be worth a shot. 

That would be my first shot!

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: Does Nintex has ability to create XML file from SharePoint List item and dump it on Document library ?

Thanks Rhia Wieclawek for your resnpose, but I need a customized format of XML data 

Now i have write the JS code, and wanted to put the code on Submit button, but seems like not working

Can you please help me on how to reference the jQuery files in Nintex form.

Thanks,

Mahesh

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Ah, sorry Mahesh!

I'm not sure - but for those who may show up here and want to help... which platform of Nintex are you using? O365 or on-prem?

What is the jQuery intended to do? Capture that customized XML you mentioned?

0 Kudos
janvonreith
Nintex Newbie

Hey Mahesh,

I think this is possible by using the "Update XML" action, did you have a look on it?

Best regards,

Jan

0 Kudos
mai-kel
Nintex Newbie

Hey community,

What about that (it's a simple send mail action):

If your SharePoint environment allows uploading vial mail, this could be a solution.

Filename is static in this example, but could also be dynamic of course.

If you need to have that file on a file share , create another workflow on the respective folder and use the "copy to file share" action.

Cheers

mai-kel