cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Does Nintex expose an API to allow a 3rd party application to retrieve the Workflow programmatically?

Jump to solution

We need to know if Nintex expose an API to allow a 3rd party application to retrieve the Workflow programmatically.

If yes, please support with the documentation and the APIs that achieves the below functionalities:

1. 1- Get Initiative workflow form.
  2. 2- Get pending requests for the current user
  3. 3- Get allowed actions for the current user
  4. 4- Submit an action
Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Does Nintex expose an API to allow a 3rd party application to retrieve the Workflow programmatically?

Jump to solution

2- You can use REST Sharepoint services to get current tasks

4- What do you mean with Submit an action, if you mean add an item you can do it with REST Sharepoint Services

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Does Nintex expose an API to allow a 3rd party application to retrieve the Workflow programmatically?

Jump to solution

Thanks Fernando for your prompt response.

regarding the fourth question, i meant by submitting an action is to "Approve" or "Reject" a task.

Also please check questions 1 & 3.

1- meant the first initial form that a user may submit to initiate a workflow, so it requires fields on the form:

a) fields types, i.e. Boolean, text, multiple choice or attachment field.. etc

b) label of each field

3- meant the list of allowed actions that the current user may take, for example, "approve and reject" or "approve only".

One more question.

is there an API to retrieve the list of workflows a user can start?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi nintex support team, may i have any support here?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Mina,

To answer your first point, you will find here how to start a workflow using a webservice :Start a Workflow using a Web Service

It is explained how to set programmatically the parameters (AssociationData).

Can you go further in your explanation for the point 3, because I dont understand the use case behind that! You want to retrieve for one specific task the actions the connected user would be able to do ?

Have you tried this method from our web services GetOutcomesForFlexiTask ? You should take a look at this post : What is the ProcessFlexiTaskResponse web service suppossed to do? You can directly check the method here http://help.nintex.com/en-US/sdks/SDK2013/#Reference/SOAP/NW_REF_SOAP_GetOutcomesForFlexiTask.htm

More globally, you will find EVERYTHING you need  here : http://help.nintex.com/en-US/sdks/SDK2013/#Conceptual/SDK_NW_CON_WorkflowTasks.htm

Which is the help file for the Nintex Workflow SDK. It contains all the method you can query! That will help you for sure!

Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Our customer is having mobile app including many functionalities not related to SharePoint and Nintex.

He is asking define workflows like (Leave Request, Loan request ..etc.) over SharePoint using Nintex and expose them in his mobile app.

While searching, we found an app from Nintex on Google store called (Nintex Mobile). He is looking for more or less same functionalities but we need to develop it ourselves as it will be embedded inside his app.

Briefly we need to know the link to the following APIs

1. Submit form Request (ex: submit leave request)
  2. List my tasks
  3. Make actins on my tasks (Ex: approve leave)

Simply I will develop screen very similar to what you have inside your app based the developed requests by Nintex on SharePoint.

Hope my question is clear

0 Kudos