cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Does Importing a Nintex form create SharePoint lists for you that were exists in the form?

Jump to solution

I created one form by using bunch of SharePoint list columns and Export that to the file, than Created new list and in the form designer I imported that form, form it self showed me all the fields in the designer, as well as when I create new item and submit it, it store all the input data, but when I check the List Settings, I don't see any columns created in the SharePoint. Do I have to recreate the columns for that form? and where does that store Item information?

Labels: (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Does Importing a Nintex form create SharePoint lists for you that were exists in the form?

Jump to solution

You will have to recreate those columns and associate any form fields with their corresponding columns. The forms designer does not create columns automatically for you unfortunately.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Does Importing a Nintex form create SharePoint lists for you that were exists in the form?

Jump to solution

Something NF needs yet to catch up with InfoPath Designer about.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

I believe what InfoPath creates from an import are list fields and not site columns in a site content type. Though it is helpful, it may not be the best solution.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi,

I exported a form in Office 365 from a tenant to another tenant. The destination tenant already had the same site columns with the same internal and display name. However, several fields on the form were not connected.

Is this expected behaviour...would I have wire them up manually each time? If it is expected, then isn't that a huge limitation on the export/import functionality? Please advise.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Patrick Hosch,

I exported a form in Office 365 from a tenant to another tenant. The destination tenant already had the same site columns with the same internal and display name. However, several fields on the form were not connected.

Is this expected behaviour...would I have wire them up manually each time? If it is expected, then isn't that a huge limitation on the export/import functionality? Please advise.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

It should be connected. Some lists that seem to have the same columns may not be the same behind the scene. If the internal names do not match, or if fields are not in the same content type for the form, but on the list otherwise. These can have an effect on the import.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Had the same issue when importing a Nintex Form layout onto the client's server after being developed locally...

The Columns and Content Types were created and published via Visual Studio in both environments, so the internal names SHOULD be the same... the only thing different were the List Content Types, which were created manually.

Does anyone have any idea why some columns were connected correctly, and some not at all?

OR EVEN WORSE, why we had some Controls associated with a completely unrelated column, e.g. a repeating section multiline column called "Meeting Director" being connected to a checkbox column called "Meeting Secretary Present"?!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

That will be difficult to review as it will be specific to the environment. There is a lot in play with deployed fields and manual created content types that would need to be walked through to understand all of the variables.

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hey Andrew,

Thanks for the quick reply!

Is there anything specific you can think of, some logs we can review to research the issue further?

Or at least get a list of columns that were matched correctly/incorrectly after the import, or those that were not matched at all?

Should I open a ticket with Nintex and request Remote Support?

0 Kudos