cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Documenting Nintex Configuration: How?

Has anyone had to document the form and workflow config because your business requires detailed specifications? If so, what are the best options for retrieving and recording configuration? So far I've found just one article discussing this.

Nintex has told us there are no out-of-the-box reports for workflow config. We looked at power shell scripts. I've spoken to other developers who record as they go with a mix of visio and excel. Surely there are Nintex customers who adhere to SDLC methodologies and require specification documentation. Please reply.

https://community.nintex.com/message/11178?sr=search&searchId=e260ba43-f4ff-4e4e-b8d9-9deab16531c7&s...

Labels: (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Documenting Nintex Configuration: How?

Lara:

I started that post so as to collect information of people documenting workflow.

Aaron Labiosa​​ 's tool named "Workflow Analyzer" has some useful features that could be used for documentation.

Take a look at >>> Workflow Analyzer - Initial Beta Release

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Re: Documenting Nintex Configuration: How?

Hi Lara,

There are no options that I'm aware of that are specifically compliant with any particular standards.  If you export the workflow itself, even though the file extension is "nwf", the content itself is all XML. Maybe that could help.

You could also try printing the workflow and save it as a PDF as part of that process. Then you could annotate the PDF to explain what the workflow does.

The Workflow Analyser that Aaron created could help, but it essentially re-presents the exported workflow visually from the XML structure.  While you don't need Nintex Workflow installed to display the workflow design, you still need to install the Workflow Analyser.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply