parallel approval process

• 7 February 2009
  • 5 replies

Badge +8
Im fairly new to blackpearl. I want to implement a parallel approval process..Whenever a browser enabled infopath form is submitted. it is sent to multiple approvers as selected in check boxes according to their respective departments. all the approvers receive email with link to the request. if one of them declines the request goes to back to the initiator for resubmission. only when all of the approvers selected using the check boxes approve the request ,the process gets completed. How should i configure roles and destinations rules for this scenario.??

5 replies

Badge +9

If you want the approvers to each receive an email, you need to use the "Plan Per Destination" option.  If you are using roles, you would also need to check the option to resolve roles to users.

Once this is done, you can use your succeeding rules to check the outcomes from the client event.

Try playing around in a lab environment and you should be able to get it.

Badge +6
Thank you for your reply.. Can you eloborate more on this like step by step things to be followed..? My concern is how to make a particular user who is part of a role say supervisor(which has three users) alone be able to approve or reject a request.
Badge +11

If you want one member of a role which has multiple members alone able to approve or reject this request, this is pretty much the default behavior.  The default destination is set for 1 slot, meaning at most one member of the role can open and action the work item.  When 1 slot is used, the action taken by the first person will be the outcome for the entire activity.

Here is a great resource that explains role and advanced destination rules:

http://www.k2underground.com/files/folders/technical_product_documents/entry20948.aspx

Badge +8

yes.. but actually when we configure the action for one slot and destination users to say supervisors(which has 3 users). The approval will appear in all three users' k2 worklist isnt it?? How do we prevent this..

for example a supervisor in one dept should not approve or reject requests raised in another another dept right??

Badge +6

Bit confused, let me explain you the present situation in my project.

I have parallal InfoPath client event, in that i added the destination user as Role(contains two users), depending upon the checbox control selection i am sending the notifcation to the respective user using webmethod to retrive the e-mail id, since i have added destination users as Role, InfoPath client event waits until both users approvers, this scenario one user has approved it has to continue rest of proces cycle.

Could you please let me know how can i configure this one?