cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Document Sent By Flexi Task Does Not Show Workflow Task Ribbon in Word.

I have a question about the "WORKFLOW TASK Request approval 'Open this task...'" button that is supposed to appear when a Word document associated with a workflow task is opened. I realized that the button was only appearing on documents from one workflow and not the other. The working workflow was set up with a 'Review' task and the second, defective, workflow was set up with a 'Flexi Task'. After replacing the second workflow with the first to rule out any site permissions issues, I began substituting Nintex items within the workflow. I came to find that a document sent through the Approval or Review items opens with the Open this task ribbon but a document sent through the Flexi Task does not. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Are there any fixes out there? Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Document Sent By Flexi Task Does Not Show Workflow Task Ribbon in Word.

I believe the Open this Task button appears when Outlook or Word sees the header MSWorkflowTasks. The Review and Approve tasks of Nintex are the tasks that match and extend the basic SharePoint tasks that were available and continue this trend. The Flexi task is unique in its ability and apparently does not include this header or handle the item the same.

Is using one of the other task types an option?

Highlighted
Not applicable

Hi Andrew,

I discovered what the problem was. In the first workflow I had used the Set variable action to set the Initiator Equals: Workflow Context: Initiator. I had neglected to do this in the second workflow.

Therefore when I configured the Flexi-Task and opened the address book and chose 'Lookup' then 'Initiator' under the common section, Nintex assigned this task to an unknown 'Initiator'. While I was still able to receive the task email as the Initiator, it did not yet recognize that a task had been assigned.

However, when you set the Initiator ahead of time through the set variable action, it recognizes that the task is assigned to an individual person by the time it reaches the flexi-task and is able to prompt the user to 'Open this task' from within Microsoft Word.

Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Ok, so you confirmed that in Word, a task created as a Flexi task to approve the document will still display the Open this task button.

Good work finding the assignment issue.

0 Kudos