cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

DocLib Form Only works for default document type?

Sharepoint : 2010

Nintex Workflow: 2.3.14.0

Nintex Forms: 1.5.4.0

I created a simple Nintex custom form for a Document Library. This works ok barring the isues with Sharepoint's 2-stage creation process for document library content items (vs. 1 stage for List Items) I have raised in another post.

However, I added a new document type to the Library (the "Link to Document" type), and discovered that the Niontex form is not being used by Sharepoint for the new content type. The Nintex form is used when creating or editing a Document, but for the LInk to Document type the site is using the default Sharepoint form.

The metadata fields for the two types (documents and links) are the same except for the URL field for the link, so the form could easily work for both types but I don't see any way to make that happen.

It looks as if Nintex Forms will only allow you to replace the Edit for for the default content type in a Doc Library (and the same for Lists?).

This seems like a significant limitation. Am I understanding this correctly?

Reagrds: Colin_e

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: DocLib Form Only works for default document type?

Hi Colin,

You need to customize and publish the "Link to Document" content type with Nintex Forms after you add it to your document library. Click on the Nintex Icon as seen below

nintex forms multiple ctype.png

Once you have publish your form, you will be able to edit "link to Document" item properties with your Nintex Forms instead of the default SharePoint form.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Thank you Cellou!

I'd been so used to the that menu button only ever having one sub-option (which is editing the default form) I had failed to look there to see if things changed when you had multiple content types :-}

Thanks for the pointer, help much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Your welcome.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Hi,

I have sharepoint 365 and Nintex Form 365, but the both choices "Customize the document form" and "Customize the link document form" not appear, I dont know if this problem is because a nintex and/or sharepoint version.

0 Kudos