Solved

Displaying a field based on a choice field using Nintex Mobile

• 10 September 2014
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi all,

I'm trying to implement the classic select an option from a choice field and if your item isn't listed choose the 'other' check box and a new text box will appear where they can type what 'other' means.  I only want that text box displayed if 'other' is selected.  By way of example, let's say we want someone to fill in which Nintex Products they are interested in but only want to mention the main ones.  The choice field is called productChoices.  Anything else they can tick 'other' and type the name in:

Tell us what Nintex Products you are interested in:

[ ] Workflow

[ ] Forms

[ ] W/F for Project Server

[ ] Other

I've created a hide rule on the 'other' field that parses this list and checks to see if other has been ticked.  I can't do a simple hide if productChoices='other' because the person may have ticked some other products too.  Therefore I've used the contains formula.

Hide if: !contains(productChoices, 'other')

That works perfectly for the web form (on-prem and live) but unfortunately it doesn't work with Nintex Mobile.  Does anyone have an alternate formula I could use?

Thanks,

Chris

icon

Best answer by jackgelo 15 May 2017, 17:32

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Nidish,

Thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately my version of Nintex mobile doesn't support calculated fields but I put one into the "normal" mobile form and got a string like this "[Workflow,Other].  Therefore I'm pretty sure my formula is correct but for some reason Nintex Mobile doesn't like it.

Cheers,

Chris

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Glad it helped Karen

Badge +11

Chris Ben ,

I hope this issue was resolved as this is an old post. Could you please post your solution and mark it as correct to help others on the community.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Kapil, thanks for your follow-up.  Unfortunately this was not resolved.  Nintex mobile has been updated a number of times since so it may now work but I haven't tested it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Chris Ben‌!

I've found a way to make it work also on Nintex Mobile!! instead of your rule try not(contains(productChoices, 'other'))

I've found in other situation that base Javascript function (the ! in your code) is not supported in Mobile, while using runtime function works well

Giacomo

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Brilliant work Giacomo!  Now that you mention it, I do recall ‌'s InspireX session this year where he said it's better to use operators like "not" instead of "!" and "greaterThan" instead of ">".  Sounds like the beginning of a blog post eh boys?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Andrew posted short blog on the topic as well  

Badge

Hi Giacomo,  I know this is an old post but I have this exact same issue but not sure of the correct syntax where I want to hide a text field if any of the 4 options below are selected in a lookup field.  It works when I only have one option as shown attached, but I also want to hide my text field if any of 4 possible options are selected from this lookup field i.e. if any of the 4 options below are selected, then hide my text field:

• Data Entry Error

• Diversion

• Wrong Job

• Wrong Customer Invoiced