cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Displaying SQL Records on Nintex Form.

Jump to solution

I'm new to Nintex. Looking for an example that can point me in the right direction. I need to display SQL Data (multiple records, multiple fields) on the form. The SQL Request control can connect and query the data but it only provides an option to populate a choice control. I need something that will display multiple rows of data. Seems easy to accomplish if the data is in SharePoint, so I'm hoping I'm just missing something with regard to working with SQL Data.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Displaying SQL Records on Nintex Form.

Jump to solution

So still nothing on this. Followed a different thread and ended up creating an external list in SharePoint to pull in the data from SQL. Brilliant. Now all I have to do is pull in the List View control and point it at the External List on SharePoint. But there's a problem... one tiny insignificant detail... only internal lists show up as being available for binding to the List View.

I can find a 100 videos and blog posts about how to pull external data into a drop down, but not one providing guidance on how to display it a tabular, grid or repeating section format. When something so trivial appears to take such a heroic effort it's just frustrating.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

in the available lists drop down there is very last option 'Expression'

if you select it one another edit box appears in configuration dialog that allows you manually type in list name the control will connect to. there you can type in name of external list.

you may want to look into help as well, there is a chapter dedicated to that

http://help.nintex.com/en-us/nintex2013/help/#Forms/RootCategory/SharePoint/Nintex.Forms.DesignFormF...

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Marian,

Thanks that did indeed help. Can't believe I didn't think to try that.

Much Appreciated.

Dave