Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Display name instead of login using People control

Jump to solution

Hello All,

For some reason I can't  figure out how to pass just First Name, Last Name into my list using the People control. The name is displaying correctly in the form but when I look at the data in the list it is showing the domain login. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Labels: (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Display name instead of login using People control

Jump to solution

Hi Josh,

You need to change it also in the column setting. You can select how to display a People or Group value.

Regards,

Christophe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hello Christophe,

Thank you for the information. I changed all of my columns to people and all of the names in the list are showing the display name. My only issue now is when I reference that column in a workflow notification is still shows the domain\login???? Any other suggestions?

Thanks again,

Josh

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Hi Josh,

In your workflow, when you pick a column or variable People, you can see on the right of the field or variable selection, fx. Click on it and select DisplayName.

Regards,

Christophe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hello Christophe,

Thank you for taking the time to help me. I think we might not be on the same page, or more likely I am just not seeing what you are referring to. Perhaps some more details will help.

I have a workflow that will send an email notification. In the notification text to the user I am inserting references from the form that the user filled out. One of the Item reference is to to a people column that is set to show the user name and not the domain\login. The name looks fine in my list and on the form however when the email is sent out for some reason that item reference returns the domain\login in the email text. I don't see any place for a function to be inserted and I am at a loss on why it would look that way when the user name is the display name in the column.

Thanks again for all of your help!

Josh

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Hi Josh,

In O365, it looks like this. If I remember well, it is also possible on-Premise

Click on fx and select Display Name.

Do not forget to click on Insert.

Cheers,

Christophe

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hello Christophe,

It looks like they made things easier in O365. In the meantime I was able to use the below workaround to just have the display name show up in the notifications.

Show display name in email notification

Thanks again for all of your help!

0 Kudos