cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Display max value among all items in column

Hello Community,

Basically, I'm trying to find the answer to the two questions below where OOTD SharePoint fails:

sharepoint enterprise - MAX Formula for Calculated Field - SharePoint Stack Exchange

http://sharepoint.aspcode.net/view/63539928672422258227084/sharepoint-designer-find-maximum-value-co...

One of them says that calculated fields cannot calculate values "vertically" among items in a list, only "horizontally" within the same item. The other points to Nintex as being able to query the list. How do you put both points together and make it work using Nintex?

My users needs to look at the latest value they used in a column so they can input the next one. I'm looking to display on the form the highest value in a column. Has anyone figured this out?

Thanks,

Cesar

Labels: (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Display max value among all items in column

SharePoint can give you the Max value of a field out of the box in SharePoint 2010. You go to the list settings, go to the view....go to Totals and click on the plus...click on the field you want the Max value field and change the dropdown to Max. Click Ok. It will open the view and at the top of the list it will display the Max value.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I don't understand what you mean by the 'latest' value. Can you please give me an example?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

It's a series of control numbers for each item. So, for example, they've entered items with control numbers 1001, 1002, 1003... They want to see 1003 on the form so that they can enter 1004 next.

I know this could easily be auto-numbered using ID and calculated values, but this setup is what they're looking for.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi ‌, do you managed to get answer to your question perhaps?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply