cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Display list in email and insert vaule to complete task

Hello,

I am very new to Nintex and need assistance.  If anyone could help me on this I appreciated it!

The initiator inserts their request and the workflow goes to their manager.  In the email notification (I'm using Flexi Task)  I want the manager to see all their requests for their department and the manager to be able to insert a value # (they make up) to insert in the list column for the initiator’s project request.

**I want them to view the list grid in the email notification, and by inserting the value # they approve this task.  I have a state machine with three states:  Submission, Manager Approval, and Project Creation.

Recap:

• Manger sees the list in their email, and able to view all the requests for his/her department
  • If they insert a value #, then the project request is approved.

How do I get the list to display in the email for only that manager to see his department’s project requests, and approve by inserting a value on the list? 

Thank you so much!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Display list in email and insert vaule to complete task

could you provide more details on

- what's relation between 'project request' a manager has to approve and a list items? is every single list item (aka. request inserted by initiator) separate project request? or are there collected several 'project requests' with one list item (eg. within repeating section in a form)?

- what you  mean with

If they insert a value #, then the project request is approved

where do you expect a manager to insert value?

if 'project request" == single list item => why do you require to insert a value somewhere when project request is uniquely identified by list items?

if single list item may contain several 'project request' => how do you expect to approve every single 'project request'? (overwrite previuos value, approved project separated by comma, approved project added a an item into additional list....)

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Thank you Marian for responding.  The user that needs this workflow change the way they would like this done.  This is not needed anymore.  Thank you so much!

Automation Master
Automation Master

that's good since those requirements are quite messy from nintex functionality point of view