How can a nintex workflow add a profile photo to active directory

Badge +1

We have a business requirement that employees must agree to certain terms before adding a profile photo. This means we can't use the default profile photo upload processes included in applications like SharePoint, Lync (Skype), and Exchange.

How can I utilize the Create/Update AD User actions in Nintex Workflow to allow a user to upload a photo to a document library and have it update AD?

I have the action configured to write to the thumbnailPhoto field in AD, but I don't know which attribute on the Document Library to write to that AD field...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Dylan

2 replies

Badge +9

Hi Dylan Edwards‌,

Can you check the thread  may help you.

Thanks,

Badge +1

Thank you for the suggestion, Lakshmi. In my searching prior to opening this thread I did see the one you mentioned and unfortunately it does not answer my question. It looks like from that thread that they ended up with a PowerShell solution and I’m hoping that Nintex can completely handle this. The more I test and research it looks like Nintex just isn’t able to do the job because the image going into AD needs to be completely converted to Octet String.