Help with non-standard approval process

• 2 October 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I've been struggling with how to accomplish the following goal:

• I need to assign approve/reject tasks to multiple persons
  • I need to be able to modify the due date after the approval process has started, which I've been utilizing a parallel branch, looping at some interval to adjust and notify task due date changes based on an independent due date field.
  • All reviewers need to be allowed to respond through the due date, regardless of whether an outcome is already able to be determined
  • Once the due date is reached, I need to be able to complete ALL outstanding tasks with an outcome dependent on responses received to date.  Currently, I'm checking for expired tasks, determining the appropriate outcome for those tasks, and attempting to complete those tasks in my parallel branch that also checks for due date changes.  Unfortunately, the "Complete Workflow Task" feature only completes enough tasks to reach an outcome for some bizarre reason, leaving the remaing tasks open.   Furthermore, the "Complete tasks for all assignees when an outcome has been achieved" within the "Request approval" feature doesn't allow all parties to respond once an outcome is able to be determined. 

Using the parallel looping branch to monitor for due date changes and expired tasks, I've gotten very close.  The crux of my problem seems to be that the "Complete Workflow Task" doesn't allow me to close all actions.

I've tried using other types of review/approval processes such as flexitask, but I ran into other issues.  For example with the FlexiTask, it doesn't even provide an ActionID to allow for manually completing any tasks.

Any input to help solve this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

3 replies

Badge +12

@Wh0Dat ....are you assigning 1 task to multiple persons or each tasks for each persons? If it's 1st option the how you're determining the outcome? First response applies, majority, etc.

Badge +1

I am assigning each person a different task. Depending on the circumstance, I will either determine the outcome by majority or consensus, but in all cases I want to allow all assignees the ability to respond until either all tasks are completed or the due date is reached. 

Hope this makes sense. 

Badge +1

Any suggestions?