Email Event

• 13 September 2013
  • 5 replies

Badge +5

Hi,

I have an error when I try to send emails using the Email Event.

When I send the email it just doesn't send, I check the workspace for errors and I get "SourceCode.Workflow.Common.EWS: Autodiscover Failure: The Exchange server is not
available, the password is incorrect or the e-mail address
k2service@denallix.com does not exist.".

Now the funny thing is that SmartActions works, Email notifications work but the Email event doesn't work.

What configuration could I have missed?

Thanks.

5 replies

Badge +5

I've found the error, further investigation in the log files showed a trusted provider error. Found out my exchange certificate had expired.

It's all sorted now.

Badge
Hi, I've encountered same problem here. After I update the license, this problem still stuck in mine. Can you explain what step you did to solve this problem? Thanks
Badge +7

Hi ZulfikarZ,

So you're receiving this error correct?

"SourceCode.Workflow.Common.EWS: Autodiscover Failure: The Exchange server is not available, the password is incorrect or the e-mail address k2service@denallix.com does not exist.".

If you open the EWS URL from a browser on the K2 server (using HTTPS) does it throw a "Certificate is invalid - continue or cancel" warning? If it isn't, that's good - that means that your updated license worked.

You may need to additionally change the value for Autodiscover (in the Connection String Editor) from True to False. You'd may want to double check that the Connection String Editor shows the correct K2 service email and recheck that the password is correct too. 

Badge
Hi Alyssa_v, Thanks for reply. I opened the EWS URL from a browser on the K2 server (using HTTPS) and it throw a "Certificate is invalid - continue or cancel" warning. I'm using local exchange server here for development. And i already renew the certificate but it keep says not trusted in K2 server. Any idea on this? Thanks
Badge +7

Did you try the following instructions before testing the former? If not, do the following and then see if the error persists?

1. Change the value for Autodiscover (in the Connection String Editor) from True to False.

2. Double check that the Connection String Editor shows the correct K2 service email and recheck that the password is correct too. 

----------

If that doesn't work, you might want to backtrack look at and test out the following (for the original error we saw on my first reply):

A. You can also check the following table [K2].[Eventbus].[ClientRecorderError] for any recorded error messages. This is where failures are recorded for Notification emails (since these types of errors won't break the workflow or put it in error state).

B. In the past we've had the occasion that a spelling mistake was made in the username and/or password for the configured account in Exchange, so a possibility here would be to delete and recreate the account on the Exchange server / AD and test it again.

C. You can try re-enabling Autodiscover for your Exchange server and run through the K2 Setup Manager and check to see if the EWS URL has been configured correctly and test if you can access it. 

----------

As for the "not trusted in K2 server" can you post an image of the exact issue you're seeing? In the case I found that had the original error (again from first reply), the customer had an invalid SSL certificate. While I know you wrote you renewed the certificate, there may still be something wrong with it; I don't know your fully situation so of course, this may not be your case - I haven't done too much with this error.

If you did the set up on the Exchange Server and it was a valid certificate, in theory, that issue should not appear.

However, you may want to look into this resource for information.