IPC Error: 1 Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Badge +3

Hi, 

When starting the k2[blackpearl] server in console mode I am getting an error message that repeats costantly and is causing the log file to rapidly increase in size to 1.3gb which is filling the hard drive. I have attached a smaller version of the logfile for you to look at.

It is obviously an issue with an IPC event. I therefore tried to remove my recently added IPC event and redleploy but I cannot deploy at the moment, all I get is the following warnings after the build:

1. SmartObject Services and Designer Mappings were not found on loading the process and have automatically been synchronized with the default server. File: POWFGrandChild.kprx
2. SmartObject Services and Designer Mappings were not found on loading the process and have automatically been synchronized with the default server. File: Parent.kprx

Any help would be great as this has stumped me

Rich

3 replies

Badge +9

Sounds like something got messed up.  There might be some clean up needed on the IPC tables.  If possible, log a support ticket and the support team should be able to assists you on it.

Badge +3

Had a similar issue arise today, although our log files blated to 27 Gb!

Badge +2
We've managed to fix similar issue by deleting the records in the _IPCAsync table in the K2Server database. We are deleting the process instances from time to time since on the DEV environment their only usage is testing, but we saw that the _IPCAsync table still had some records (most likely pointing to process instances that were already deleted - using the workspace). Because of the error the everything was running too slow. After we've deleted the records in the table everything went back to normal.