Update Fiscal Year Column in Workflow

Badge +11

I have a field that stores fiscal years. They look like FY15, FY16, etc. Well, when October of 2015 comes, it is FY16 instead of FY15 and the same for FY17. How can I do this in Nintex so I can update my SharePoint column? I'm using SharePoint and Nintex 2010.

Lisa

6 replies

Badge +11

Hi burkslm ,

Why do you need to do this in the workflow? You could do this in 3 calculation fields in your list itself.

Field 1: CalcMonth: =TEXT(DateToCalculate,"MMMM")

Field 2: CalcYear: =TEXT(DateToCalculate,"YYYY")

Field 3: fiscal Year: =IF(CalcMonth="October",("FY"&RIGHT(CalcYear,2)+1),("FY"&RIGHT(CalcYear,2)))

Add conditions for November and December as well with OR. Hope this helps.

Badge +11

In fiscall year we do not need the month. So is Field 1 necessary? Let me explain this further. I'm kind of confused.

The fiscal year is from October to the end of September. So if it is Jan 2015, it is FY15. If it is July 2015 it is FY15. If it is October 3, 2015 it is FY16.

Badge +11

The FY field will be updated when items are copied over to this new list. What field would be DateToCalculate? It can't be Today() because you can't use those in formula fields.

Badge +11

Hi Lisa,

I'm calculating the Fiscal year against a date. So if DateToCalculate is populated, this will be determining the Fiscal year. Is that same for you?

I'm getting month to determine from October to December. if its Oct 2015, i'm going to add 1 to last two digits i.e. 15+1=16. Same for Nov and Dec. But when it is January, i dont need to add anything, so will show the last two digits of the year.

fiscalYear: =IF(OR(CalcMonth="October",CalcMonth="November",CalcMonth="December"),"FY"&RIGHT(CalcYear,2)+1,("FY"&RIGHT(CalcYear,2)))

The DateToCalculate could be Created date as well. You cannot use Today's date in this calculation. If you need to then you want to convert this to formula in the workflow.

Badge +11

This is an old post, could you please post your solution and mark it as correct.

Badge +11

Since its been so long ago, I barely remember this.