Database Name: Smartbox to K2smartbox

• 31 January 2012
  • 7 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +1

Hi,

Our Development Environment has the Smartbox database named as: Smartbox.
Our Production Environment has the Smartbox database named as: K2smartbox.

This is causing problems when deploying SSRS Reporting:  When moving the report to production, the queries must be changed, which introduces a risk of error.

So, is it possible to rename the development db Smartbox to K2smartbox?

Thanks,
---
Steven

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Yes it is possible, just run the K2 configuration manager, and on the DB wizard change the db name to include the K2. Note this will create a new db called K2Smartbox, you can then restore the old db to this one and reconfigure K2 to be safe.

HTH

Vernon

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Alternatively you can create the new db in SQL restore the old db to the new one and run the K2 config manager and point to the new db.

Badge +1

Hi Vernon,

Thanks for the quick response.  I changed  as follows:

Yes it is possible, just run the K2 configuration manager, and on the DB wizard change the db name to include the K2. Note this will create a new db called K2Smartbox, you can then restore the old db to this one and reconfigure K2 to be safe.

My personal policy is to always use the dedicated tool where one is available, which is why I didn't use the SQL route you suggested.  The outcome was successful, all I had to do after the K2 Config was create the tables of the smartobjects we developed in-house & copy across their data.

There are eight other tables in our development environment without the K2 prefix, compared to production, but I will be leaving them unless/until they cause any issues.

Thanks for your assistance.
---
Steven
Badge +1

Hello again!

I seem to have gone from one problem to another!  The K2 process has several smart objects.  When I try to deploy these SOs to the development environment it fails with the following error reported:

1 Error(s)
Deploy SmartObjects: Task error: SmartObject Server Exception: Could not publish SmartObject Definition to server: Error: Unable to update the object definition.No guid was specified for the object "BCBudgetYear", or the guid is invalid.[]
. SmartObject: [BCBudgetYear]

How do I update the GUIDs?

Regards,
---
Steven

Badge +10

Have these SmartObjects been deployed previously?  Do they contain data?

Badge +1

Yes they have and yes they do.

Badge +1

I have now solved the GUID issue.  It was simple:

I renamed the new K2Smartbox database to oldK2Smartbox
I renamed the old Smartbox database to K2Smartbox

The GUID issues are solved.