Recurring payments/Contract Renewal

• 21 April 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +6

Good Day Guys,

I have a challenge and I would to like heard f some ideas rom you to solve the following situation.

I am developing a project for recurring payments, I have a tabbed form (Vendor Information and Payment Detail) as below:

vendor information (Vendor Name, CVIF, Location, Payment Amount, Approver, "Contract Expiration Date" und sw..) 

Payment Detail (Type of payment, Invoice,#of payments, Payment Frequency..)

Workflow:

1. Send approval request, 2. route the Item for Review, complete workflow as well.

Now based on my field "Contract Expiration Date" I want to advise the requestor that contract will expire and give the option to make the renewal and start the workflow process again...

My question is how keep the record of the first recurring payment (Information, and workflow history log) and then start the renewal like secund recurreing payment and so on.

Thank you.

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Questions

1. Where is the vendor information and payment details stored? Separate lists or on the same list? (I'm hoping separate)
  2. If separate, how are they related?  Do you have a vendor field as a lookup on the payment details that get's populated?
  3. Why do you need to keep the workflow history log?
Badge +6

Hi Brendan Murphy

Thanks for the reply, I am not an expert, I have the vendor information and payment details stored in the same list. (I could change it). The workflow history log could be for audit. Thanks for your help. Any feedback from you is very important.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

You may want to consider having the payment information in a separate list, as it sounds like with the renewal process you would have new payment information for the vendor.  That would in essence be your history.  In the payment list you could have a column for the vendor that is a lookup column back to the vendor list.  That is how you can relate the records.  Then you can have a scheduled site workflow that runs and evaluates the contract expiration date for a vendor, and takes whatever action you want it to take. 

Badge +6

Thank you Brendan Murphy

That is the solution that I needed, I will try to do by using separate lits and using a scheduled site workflow..