cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Delete from another SharePoint site

Hello everyone,

I am new to Nintex but am learning quickly. Glad to see there is a community like this where newbies can ask questions.

I have successfully created a list/library workflow that uses the "Copy to SharePoint" action to copy a document from a document set in a Team Site to a library in another Team Site. The workflow is automatic and fires when a user ticks a "Publish" checkbox in the document properties. So far so good.

I would like to create another workflow that removes the remote copy when a user unticks the Publish checkbox. Couldn't see an obvious way to do this using the "Delete item" action. Tried to do it using the "Copy to SharePoint" action with conditional logic (prior state = Yes) and the overwrite option set to "Remove existing item". No luck.

If anyone could suggest a way to accomplish this "delete remote document" workflow, I would be most appreciative.

Cheers!

Labels: (2)
4 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Delete from another SharePoint site

Hi Jesse,

if you want to delete an item from another site you can use the "Delete multiple items" action. There you can specify the site you want to delete an item from by providing an url.

If none of the available actions work for you, you can use the web request action and  make a REST call to delete items:

Working with lists and list items with REST

Cheers

Philipp

Highlighted
Not applicable

Thanks Philipp.

The "Delete multiple items" action does indeed allow me to connect to the remote site and remove items in the library I'm targeting. Unfortunately it removes all items in the remote library and not the single document that I "untick" in the local library. I see there is a way to filter in order to narrow the scope, but I can't see a way to target a single document.

Is there a feature I'm overlooking?

Perhaps a REST call is my only option?

Cheers,

Jesse

Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Normally you have to use the filter capabilities you mentioned. If you want to target a single element/document, you would need to know something about that document, like the name, the ID or any other metadata, which you can use to filter.

Even if you are using REST you would have to provide some information about the element you want to delete. And if you want to delete one single document, you normally don't do that by a workflow

If you use the copy to sharepoint action, the name of the file remains the same, right? So you can use that filename as a filter to get the document you want i suppose.

Cheers

Philipp

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Hi, is there a way to do this across separate site collections? Perhaps this is a case for REST (haven't used this yet - learning in progress!)

EG: we have two separate sites

https://site1.company.com          and          https://site2.company.com

Both are running on the same SharePoint farm, and have the same Nintex installation running. Authentication is using the same A.D

When I perform a site lookup (if I am logged onto Site1), and specify Site 2, I get an error

Capture.JPG