Navigation goes to Home Page after Flexi Task

• 24 March 2017
  • 7 replies

Badge +9

After a user gets a Flexi Task assignment and clicks on "OK" (for approval) the user is taken directly to the home page of the site and NOT the list where the task lives.  This is very confusing for the user.  How do I have the navigation go to the list and not the home page.

The last oddity is in order for the user to approve the Flexi Task workflow for some reason they need Contribute/Edit access at the site level.  I only want to give approvers contribute or edit access at the list level and not at the site level.  Note at the list settings I have disabled inherited permissions and replaced with unique permissions and gave everyone Edit access, but this did not work.  Users can only approve if they have Contribute access at the site level.  Users need to have Read access at the site level at least that is the way we initially designed the site.  What am I doing wrong ?

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi David -

For your first question, if you go into the Edit Task Form (in the Flexi Task ribbon), then into Settings > Advanced, you'll find a Redirect URL where you can put whatever you'd like in.

For the latter question ... here is some info I found in the community on it:

https://community.nintex.com/message/10767

Basically what they're saying is that SharePoint is built in such a way that you can give Contribute to the Workflow Tasks and it knows to only allow the Assigned To individual edit it.

https://community.nintex.com/message/51824-permissions-for-the-you-are-not-authorized-to-respond-to-this-task

Here is another post where they even link to a bunch of other posts about it.

Cheers,

Rhia

Badge +8

For your first question on how to redirect to Home Page on Assign Flexi task completion, please refer to below link for the resolution:

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

This is a very interesting link, ‌ - thank you for posting it - I'd like to learn more about it. Why might you use this instead of the redirect URL?

Badge +8

Yes as a best practice, always set contribute permissions on the Workflow Tasks list. A lot of user actions needs this permission level like when a user delegates assigned a task, the field Assigned To is updated; when a user completes an assigned task the field Status is updated and so on.

Therefore always break permissions inheritance on the workflow tasks list and assign Contribute permission for Approver users.

Badge +9

The above links make a lot of sense.  Note I will not be allowing delegation so if I check off individual task will all the people in the SharePoint Group I created called BizApprovers be able to approve if I set the security group to Contribute ?

Badge +9

Uh-Oh.  Looks like my admin has not set up Nintex Forms, thus when I go to Edit Task Form, there is nothinh available to select.  It sounds like I am out of luck if he decides not to allow Nintex Forms to be available/turned on our site ?

Badge +8

It is just a way around..