cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Re: Delay to execute a Workflow after editing with a Form

Jump to solution

No problem ^^ It's not really a big deal. Thanks for the help

Just a question a little off topic, I'll have other question later I think, will it be in the same board ?

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

It will depend on your question But yes, I think that it will be on the same board.

If it's regarding development (javascript, C#...) you can post your question in this part : Dev Talk

But we will always try to answer your questions or help you even if it's not posted in the right place

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Ok Thanks !

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hey Sammy, welcome to the forums! The cause of this is more related to the how SharePoint works behind the scenes to start workflows within it's WF engine. Using a form, there is a trigger when an item updates that goes to detect if a workflow should begin. It is more of a synchronous order of events when using a form. When using quick edit on a list item, the order of events are more asynchronous, or without order, and batched to be updated behind the scenes. This gives you that edit ability without having to go from screen to screen, or form to form on each item. The details of those triggers will give the effect you are seeing, but both methods of edit are subject to other rules within the WF engine which could cause the reverse effect to be seen. SharePoint also caches workflows to improve starting performance.

So I just want to point out that nothing looks out of the ordinary from what you are experiencing. If your workflows begin to take even longer to begin, then there are other approaches that we can link to you blogs within the community to help.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

I see, so it comes from directly SP Thanks for the reply, the wait time is fine for nowSmiley Happy But I'll think of your advice if one WF take a reaaaaaally long time

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Sammy Loudiyi

when starting to use nintex read through how the batches pickup the workflow actions. This will help you think for the long run

Designing your Workflow - Commit Pending Changes Action NW2010 & NW2013

Though not directly related to your current issue read it nonetheless

Question about "Commit pending changes" action

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks, I didn't know about that I read it and it was pretty interesting. I'll bookmark it for when I have problem with that

0 Kudos