Calculated Value based on column "checklist"

• 14 July 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Hello,

I am creating a large checklist that when the Yes or NA has been selected I need it to then populate a Calculated value on the form with the date/time and the person who updated the column.  I would then like to make that completed Yes/NA checklist item not editable once it is populated and the form is saved.

8366i420AEBB4CE278E0A.png

I tried many variations and here is the latest calculated value:  "isNullOrEmpty(APP ADMINS: Disable XXXX User Login);Current User" but get the following results.

8367iA1C8B39344BAD069.png

I am new to formulas and can't seem to get them right in Nintex.  Ultimately I would like it to say:  "Completed on 7/14/2020 11:02 AM by John Smith"

Then the final part of my question can I keep the Yes/NA column from being edited again once it is completed?

Thank you.

Devon

4 replies

Badge +3

Hello Devon, already a first answer that I can provide quickly 🙂

If you want to make sure that a field cannot be changed after a user has filled it in, you can add a formatting rule on that field, with the condition "not(isNullOrEmpty({self}))", and set the result on 'Disable'. this way, the moment the user enters a value, the field will be locked.

For the part of the 'completed' message, I think you'd be best of using a Calculated field and concatenate as follows: "Completed on "+Current Date+" "+Current Time+" by "+Current User

In the example given, the styling isn't cleaned up yet (you get to much info), but it should get you started to find your desired result.

Badge +3

Thank you so much for your reply!  The formatting rule works perfectly!

Any suggestions on how to get the calculated value to only appear when the completed question is selected?  Also, I am getting a long date and only the user ID.  Is there a way to display first and last name?  Finally, how do I make this date/time static?  It is updating every time the form is edited.

8385iB638304403979BB8.png

I appreciate you assistance!  I am still fumbling my way through learning Nintex.  This is a very long checklist so I want to make sure it works as expected before applying to each of the items in the list.

Thanks again.

Devon

Badge +3

OK I have this working on the calculated value, but I still need to keep the date time static once that value is populated so it doesn't update every time the form is edited and also need the date formatted shorter.

If(isNullOrEmpty(APPADMINSDisableUserLogin),"Pending", "Completed on " + Current Date + " " + Current Time + " " + Current User)

8390i8F8FCCB71AF9BABB.png

Badge +3
OK I now have the date format issue resolved with the following:

If(isNullOrEmpty(APPADMINSDisableUserLogin), "Pending", "Completed on " + formatDate(Current Date, "d") + " " + Current Time + " by " + Current User)

Now I just need to know if it is possible for this not to update every time the document is edited. Can that be done?