Variable outcome selections in FlexiTask?

Badge +8

I have a situation where in one case I want one of my FlexiTask outcomes to say "Submit for Review".  but sometimes I want the same Outcome to read Approve.   Was anyone figured a way to have variable outcomes on a FlexiTask without having  multiple FlexiTasks?

5 replies

Badge +11

Hey Bruce,

I dont think this can be done within one single flexi task. Can you explain why you need this and what condition is defining the name of the outcome?

Would it possible for you to just change the display text of the chosable task outcome in your task form? This would probably be the easiest way as you will only need some lines of JS but not sure if it works in your case.

Regards

Philipp

Badge +8

I think I already explained why..  Under under one condition, I need just one of the Outcomes to say X.   In another condition I need it to say Y.    But I agree probably not possible in a singe flexitask.

Badge +11

Just wanted to get to know your use case a little better, maybe another workaround is possible. But with the information I have right now, my former response applies wink.png

Cheers

Philipp

Badge +8

Agree.   I "solved" the issue by naming the outcome Submit/Approve.  Then displaying a message (for the given situation) if the selected outcome would either Submit or Approve the request.   Customer seems to like the idea OK.

BTW I could not rename the outcome Submit or Approve.  I tried on a brand new list brand new workflow and got the same issue.  Yet another Nintex bug?

Badge +11

Where did you try to rename the outcome? Inside your flexi task?