List item data in HTML email

• 15 March 2018
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge

Hi all

Literally pulling my hair out now so if anyone can help I'd really appreciate it

I have a list which I have set up with a workflow created in Nintex

The workflow is creating an HTML email which is generating fine images etc, however I cannot work out how to include a list item value in the body of the email. Including a reference in the email destroys the html formatting and defaults to a standard font and not the company specific one I need to use

the string needs to look like <p class="serif", "color:white" > LIST ITEM NEEDS TO GO HERE wishes to thank you.</p> 

Can anybody please help?

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Hi John Rooney,

Currently I'm also working on constructing an HTML email. If you're trying to assemble the email in the Send Email action's Body area, then indeed this is a pain as we all experience layout challenges, to say the least. As such many of us now construct the email in a Multiple Lines of Text workflow variable and include this in the email body.

For this I use the Build String action. In there you need to place the Item Property using the Reference button. Btw, I'm putting everything in HTML tables. Here's a code example where I add a item property into a table cell:

<td style="width: 265px; font-size: 12px;">{ItemProperty:GI_BrandOwnerOrOEM}</td>

Hopefully this helps. There should be more posts in the Nintex community describing this.