New Lookup Field added directly to form is not visible

• 7 January 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge +9

I followed this tutorial on how to create a cascade drop-down and I ran into 1 issue.  I created a control called MyFormStore within an EXISTING form, but the field does appear in my list settings.  The form works fine, but apparently the 2 new lookup fields I added directly on the form (right-click within the form and select Look-up field) will not work for an existing list ?

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi David,

if you add a control directly in your Nintex form, that field doesn't get automatically added to the list column, it's just a field available in form (and in form data)..

If you need to have that field added also as list column, you should create it in SharePoint before (and then you'll find it in List Columns tab), otherwise you should use the "create column" button in the ribbon of form designer in order to create the column..

If you create your column right now, then you have to connect your lookup field (in the form) to the lookup field (of the list), or remove the lookup field in the form and put it back from list columns.

Giacomo