Content Migration SharePoint 2010 -> 2019 - Nintex Lizenzen

• 15 October 2019
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +1
Hello!
We are preparing for a content migration from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2019.
The plan is to build a parallel SharePoint 2019 farm under the same URL. Over half a year, the content is then gradually migrated - website and workflows.
Regarding Nintex licensing, I have the following questions:
- What are the possibilities of parallel use for the old and new farm to work via workflows? Of course, we do NOT want to buy duplicate licenses.
- Has anyone used practical options? Which variants are possible?
- One idea of mine was to use DEV licenses on the old farm (so everything continues) and on the new farm PRD licenses. But is a little uncomfortable....

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi,
Nintex can provide licenses while migrating at no cost but as far as I know they are only for a month or two and not 6 months.
You could try contacting your Nintex account manager or email licensing@nintex.com for more information.

Badge +1

Hey Somon Muntz!

Hello!
My question and answer about a provider was 2 weeks. 1-2 Montate are already better. But it is not enough for us.
Question back:
Can I activate a DEV license for the old SharePoint system and use the new licenses for the new system?
DEV licenses are free of charge as part of a maintenance contract???
Userlevel 6
Badge +22
You can only obtain Dev licenses for any production environmenment you have.
IE. if you have 2010 Production you can only get 2010 Development and the same for 2019. As advised, if you need longer then talk to your account managaer or the Licensing team.
Badge +1
Hello Community!
No, our problem has not been solved.
As a customer who has purchased a product and regularly pays maintenance, you should pay extra if he wants to update his farm with this product.
A migration is not made in 1-2 weeks, that should also know Nintex.
Our content migration will take up to half a year because the content needs to be migrated cleanly and gradually. Those who use SharePoint also know that such projects are organizational projects and are not done with an UpdateButton.

I find it unacceptable! This is not investment protection for customers.

In the future, we will intensively explore ways to find alternatives to Nintex. At the moment we are dependent on it.
Userlevel 6
Badge +22
HI,
Did you contact your account manager and licensing team?
What was the response?