Nintex Form Button disabled on migrated lists

Badge +6

we have an issue where lists that are migrated from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2013 have the Nintex Forms button disabled after enabling all of the features. The lists are being migrated using Metalogix Content Matrix.

nintex_form_button_disabled.PNG

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

What's the content type of your list?

Badge +6

This is using the default list content type

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Just checking the web app feature was also enabled?

Badge +1

As a workaround for this issue.

I have managed to successfully create/edit a Nintex form for my list by navigating directly to http://siteurl/_layouts/15/NintexForms/ListFormDesigner.aspx?List={ListGUID}

ListGUID can be obtained by editing the list settings and copying it from the address bar.

This may work for you also

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What happens after doing so? Does the button then operate as normal? Or do you continue to use the saved link?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Oh, and what browser was this from?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey Jason, have you also asked Metalogix to see if this expected behavior and is there a fix ? This maybe a common issue with the migration from 2007.. I can't help feeling that it would be something to do the content type..

Badge +6

By manually entering the form designer, I'm able to make changes. The Nintex Forms button is still greyed out after publishing the changes.

Since this is the only case, I'm going to go with the path of manually starting the forms designer. My assumption is during the migration process, and content type is being migrated, and causing the issue.

Badge +6

This is from IE 11

Badge +6

This appears to be related to a content type being migrated. Since we are migrating over 10k sites, it will be hard to track down the root cause for a single site. We are going to manually start the forms designer for now, and then move the content to another list.