Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Customized Task Form InfoPath

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I created a custom task form for a flexi task with InfoPath. Everything is fine so far but if I want to publish the workflow, I get the following error:

Anyone seen this also?

Best regards,
Markus

Labels: (3)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Customized Task Form InfoPath

Jump to solution

Hi Markus,

I've never seen this error, does it always occur when you try to edit a task form via InfoPath? Try to find out if this is a general problem or only related to this one workflow or maybe even to this one task. If it's only task-related, try to re-create the task.

If you want to dig into this error, I recommend you save the infopath file locally (.xsn) and rename it manually to .cab. You will then be able to inspect all data inside this cabinet file. Maybe there were 2 template files generated by fault or there is a duplicate reference in one of the xml files. You will need to extract all files from the cabinet to edit them. After you finished your editing, simply open the manifest.xsf file in editor mode and save it again. It will then recreate a complete xsn file, which you should be able to import back into your workflow.

Regards

Philipp

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Philipp,

I tried with other tasks and it's exactly the same. I will have a look at the xml now and let you know.

Best regards,
Markus

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Can it be this part because it has got the same mode value?

<xsl:template match="/">

<xsl:copy-of select="processing-instruction() | comment()"/>

<xsl:choose>

<xsl:when test="dfs:myFields">

<xsl:apply-templates select="dfs:myFields" mode="_0"/>

</xsl:when>

<xsl:otherwise>

<xsl:variable name="var">

<xsl:element name="dfs:myFields"/>

</xsl:variable>

<xsl:apply-templates select="msxsl:node-set($var)/*" mode="_0"/>

</xsl:otherwise>

</xsl:choose>

</xsl:template>

Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Unfortunately I'm not really aware of the required structure of this XML. Maybe you can try to  delete one of the apply-templates and see if it helps. Since this isn't an InfoPath forum, I'm not sure if someone here ever dived that deep into the inner structure of an InfoPath form. You might get better feedback in a microsoft forum.

Regards

Philipp

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Philipp,

you are right. Had the same intention when I posted it. I will try to get help in the InfoPath forum.

Best regards,
Markus

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Hi Markus,

that might be a good idea. Nevertheless, please post any relevant information here as well. Some Nintex Users have to use InfoPath because their customers don't use Nintex Forms (including myself) and might face this issue too.

Thanks

Philipp

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I get it to work now. The reason why it didn't work was the order in which I performed the actions. After I published the form, I had to close down InfoPath completely, save the workflow action and publish the workflow. When I left InfoPath opened and changed anything after publishing the form, the error above appears.

Best regards,
Markus

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Great finding, thanks for keeping us informed! Please select your own answer as correct to mark as answered and enable other users to see your solution.

Regards

Philipp

0 Kudos