K2 , SharePoint and SAP implementations

• 10 February 2017
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi,

We have client having applications which are already developed in different versions of .Net. Now client want to move to SharePoint 2013 or 2016 and K2.

All the existing applications will be redeveloped to fit the platform or can directly be hosted in SharePoint. All the current applications are reading data from SAP system. Now when we move to new implementation (SharePoint + K2) then also we have to use SAP to read and write data.

Currently client is planing to purchase K2 AppIT VM for initial phase but it is found that there is not K2 Connect in that VM. (K2 CORE6.0 APPIT). Client has following questions :

1. If K2 AppIt is cloud solution can it directly connect to ON-PREM SAP by using K2 Provided connector or service (Not K2 Connect).

2. Even though K2 App IT VM is there do we really need K2 Connect for SAP as separate installaion.

Please suggest best approach and if possible the licensing of only K2 Connect for SAP.

Thanks and regards

K2 AND K2

1 reply

Badge +5

Hi K2andK2.

I am in no position to give you a direct answer regarding your question, however, I think if you can give yourself time to go through the K2 connect for SAP 4.7 User Guide PDF, you can may be find what you are looking for. I will assume you are running 4.7 version of K2 since this guide is specifically made for the 4.7 version. The guide can be found on the following url; https://help.k2.com/download/pdf/k2connect/4.7 i hope you will find that info. useful.